● Wash away
If you have an etched PCB at hand, you can try to apply the UV Soldermask to the circuit board at home by yourself. This article will introduce the tools you need to prepare and the steps to apply the UV soldermask.
There are some tools you need to prepare:
UV curable ink paint
Foam brush or roller, which helps you to save paint
Inket or Laser transperency sheets
Gasoline or oil base solvent
UV light or Sun
A sheet of glass
This UV soldermask paint is used to protect PCB traces from corrosion, moisture. It is also used for repairing PCB after soldering, or rework.
Here are the steps as following:
1. Apply little paint on the PCB
2. Spread it on the PCB with covering the transparent mask film and keep the solder mask transparent on PCB
3. Make sure the solder pads are perfectly aligned to the PCB
4. Expose it under strong UV light or sun for 40 minutes. Florescent lights are also okay.
5. Remove the transparent sheet and wash away the extra paint by gasoline or oil base solvent with old toothbrush.