Thank you very much for your valuable suggestion! We will solve it as soon as possible!

Component Learning

Group Administrators: 1 | Group Member: 353 | Group Threads: 357

Electronic components are basic electronic element or electronic parts usually packaged in a discrete form with two or more connecting leads or metallic pads. Electronic Components are intended to be connected together, usually by soldering to a printed circuit board (PCB), to create an electronic circuit with a particular function.

Community > Groups > Component Learning > Rotary device to replace +/- switches
Rotary device to replace +/- switches
Alternate Text 324
Alternate Text 1
Alternate Text 41


Is there a rotary device that can be used to control an input interface that has +/- switches on a board?
For example, an FM tuner board that has + and - (momentary) switches for tuning. Instead of using push button switches, I would like to use a rotary device like a tuning knob to control the frequency selection for this board. Ideally, this would be a device with three terminals: +, - and GND. When the knob is turned clockwise, it should momentarily short + and GND, once per some degree of rotation, say 30 degrees. When the knob is turned counterclockwise, it should momentarily short - and GND, once per the same degree of rotation.
Is there a device like this, or do I need to build one using a rotary encoder and some logic?
Statement: This post is only the personal view of the author and does not represent the opinions of


Quite good posting. Your knowledge is quite impressive and useful to me who is new beginner. Hope you can write more posts and I will keep on reading.

Hot Threads

New Threads