The characteristics of the metal core PCB/Aluminum PCB:
1. Aluminum PCB use SMT technology.
2. Make a very effective treatment for thermal diffusion in the circuit design.
3. Reduce the operating temperature, improve the density of power and reliability, prolong the lifetime of final products
4. Reduce the size of products and the cost of hardware & assembly;
5. Replace the brittle ceramic PCB, have better mechanical endurance.
The structure of the metal core PCB/Aluminum PCB:
Aluminum base CCL（copper clad laminate) is a kind of raw material of metal PCB, which is consist of copper foil, thermal insulation layer and metal substrate, its structure in three layers:
Circuit Layer: equivalent to ordinary PCB copper clad laminate, thickness of copper foil from loz to 10 oz.
Dielectric Layer: dielectric Layer is a kind of material with thermal insulation and low thermal resistance. thickness from 0.003 "to 0.006" which is the core technology of the aluminum base copper clad laminate. It has achieved the UL certification.
Base Layer: Base layer is metal core, normally it is aluminum base or copper base.
A-TECH CIRCUITS has rich experience in manufacturing MCPCB/LED PCB/Aluminum PCB, and we're able to meet different thermal conductivity requirements from normal 1.0W/m.K to high 4.0W/m.K, the board thickness from 0.5mm to 3.0mm and the copper thickness from 1oz to 3oz are all available.
very useful informations.